Key Features and Values
– 3 step Sandwich ELISA
– Highly specific
– Automation ready
– Long shelf life
The US Inhibin B enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) kit provides materials for the quantitative measurement of Inhibin B in human serum and other biological fluids. This assay is intended for in vitro diagnostic use.
Inhibin B is a dimeric hormone that is composed of alpha (α) and beta B (βB) subunits. The free alpha subunits usually do not have any physiological effect. Therefore, the bioactivity of the inhibin’s depends on the formation of a dimeric α-β structure, and only dimeric forms of inhibin’s are biologically active. Inhibin’s are protein hormones secreted by granulosa cells of the ovary in the female and Sertoli Cells of the testis in the male. They selectively suppress the secretion of pituitary follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) and have local paracrine actions in the gonads. Inhibin B levels have been reported in Sertoli Cell function (potential marker for spermatogenesis and testicular function), ovarian reserve and granulosa cell tumors (1-5).
1. Kumanov, P et al. Inhibin as a better marker of spermatogenesis. Fertility and Sterility, 2006, Vol. 86 (2), 332-338.
2. Agarwal, A, et al. Inhibin B Strongly Correlates with Critical Testicular and Sperm Parameters. Fertility and Sterility, Vol 89 (1), 124–128.
3. Ballesca, JL, et al. Inhibin B is a Better Predictor of Testicular Sperm Extraction. Human Reproduction, 2000, Vol 15 (8),1734–1738.
4. Molinaro, F, et al. Inhibin B is a Potential Marker for Varicoceles.
Open Med. 2016; 11:204-206
5. Chinya A, et al. Association of levels of serum inhibin b and follicle-stimulating hormone with testicular vascularity, volume, and echotexture in children with undescended testes. Journal of Indian Association of Pediatric Surgeons, 2017 vol. 22 (1), 3-8.