Key Features and Values
– Same sample type can be used across all assays to simplify inclusion into routine serology work-up
– Ready to use reagents reduces hands-on time for assay preparation
– Long shelf life cost-effective solution by reducing wastage due to expired kits
– Suitable for inclusion on automated plate systems simplifies scale-up of test volume
– Supported by a complete panel of assays for diagnosis of thrombosis risk associated with SLE and APS
Anti beta 2 Glycoprotein 1 IgM kit is an indirect enzyme linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) designed for the quantitative measurement of IgM class antibodies directed against the β2-Glycoprotein 1 in human serum or plasma. Anti beta 2 Glycoprotein 1 IgM kit is intended for laboratory use only.
1. Hughes GRV. The antiphospholipid Syndrome. Ten years on. Lancet 1993: 342; 341-344.
2. Wilson WA, Gharavi AE, Koike T, Lockshin MD, Branch DW, Piette JC, Brey R, Derksen R, Harris EN, Hughes GRV, Triplett DA, Khamashta MA. International consensus statement on preliminary classification criteria for definite antiphospholipid syndrome. Arthritis Rheum 1999;42:1309-11.
3. Mc Neil HP, Simpson RJ, Chesterman CN, Krilis SA. Anti-phospholipid antibodies are directed against a complex antigen that includes a lipid binding inhibitor of coagulation: β2-Glycoprotein 1 (Apolipoprotein H). Proc Natl Acad Sci 1990;87:4120-4.
4. Matsuura E, Igarashi Y, Fujimoto M, Ichikawa K, Koike T. Anticardiolipin cofactor(s) and differential diagnosis of autoimmune disease. Lancet 1990;336:177-8
5. Pengo V, Biasiolo A, Fior MG. Autoimmune antiphospholipid antibodies are directed against a cryptic epitope expressed when β2-glycoprotein 1 is
bound to a suitable surface. Thromb Haemost 1995:73:29-34
6. Arvieux J, Roussel B, Jacob MC, Colomb MG. Measurement of antiphospholipid antibodies by ELISA using β2-glycoprotein 1 as an antigen. J Immunol
7. Tsutsumi A, Matsuura E, Ichikawa K, Fujisaku A, Mukai M, Kobayashi S, Koike T. Antibodies to β2-glycoprotein 1 and clinical manifestation in patients with systemic lupus erythemotosus. Arthritis Rheum 1996;39:1466-74.
8. Pengo V, Biasiolo A. The risk of overdiagnosis of antiphospholipid antibody syndrome. Throm Haemost 2001;86:933 (letter).