Key Features and Values
– Same sample type can be used across all assays to simplify inclusion into routine serology work-up
– Ready to use reagents reduces hands-on time for assay preparation
– Long shelf life cost-effective solution by reducing wastage due to expired kits
– Suitable for inclusion on automated plate systems simplifies scale-up of test volume
– Supported by a complete panel of assays for supporting treatment monitoring of several forms of hormonal dysfunctions
Direct immunoenzymatic colorimetric method for quantitative determination of SHBG concentration in human serum or plasma. SHBG kit is intended for laboratory use only.
Sex-Hormone-Binding Globulin is a blood transport protein for steroids hormones with high affinity for testosterone and oestradiol. The SHBG levels are higher in women than in men and increase during pregnancy and in women taking oral contraceptives. Low levels are found in cases of hirsutism, hyperandrogenism and may be encountered in individuals with Cushing’s or polycystic ovarian syndrome. High serum level for men are associated with hypogonadism, hepatic cirrhosis and thyrotoxicosis.