Key Features and Values
– Same sample type can be used across all assays to simplify inclusion into routine serology work-up
– Ready to use reagents reduces hands-on time for assay preparation
– Long shelf life cost-effective solution by reducing wastage due to expired kits
– Suitable for inclusion on automated plate systems simplifies scale-up of test volume
– Supported by a complete panel of assays for supporting treatment monitoring of several forms of hormonal dysfunctions
Competitive immunoenzymatic colorimetric method for the quantitative determination of Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) concentration in human serum or plasma.
DHEA kit is intended for laboratory use only.
1. Dorfman RI, Shipley, RA, Adrogens, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1956, pp. 116-128.
2. Pang S, Riddick L, Hirsutism, IN Lifshitz (ed), Pediatric Endocrinology, A Clinical Guide, second edition, Marcel Dekker Inc., New York 1990, pp259-291
3. De Peretti E, Forest MG, Pattern of plasma dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate levels ih humans from birth to adulthood: evidence for testicular
production, J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 47, 572-577 (1978)
4. Lashansky G, Saenger P, Fishman K, Gautier T, Mayes D, Berg G, Di Martino-Nardi J, Reiter E. Normative data for adrenal steroidogenesis in a healthy pediatric population: age and sex-related changes after adrenocorticotropin stimulation, J Clin Endocrinol Metab, 73, 674-686 (1991)
5. Zurnoff B, Roenfeld RS, Stain GW, Levin J, Fukushima DK, Sex differences in twenty-four hour mean plasma concentration of dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEAS) and the DHEA to DHEAS ratio in normal adults, J Clin Endocrinol Metab 51, 330-333 (1980)
6. Pang S, Lerner A, Stoner E, Oberfield S, Engle I, New M, Late-onset adrenal steroid 3’-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase deficiency: a cause of hirsutism in pubertal and postpubertal women, J Clin Endocrinol Metab 60, 428-439 (1985)
7. Lee PDK, Winter RJ, and Gree OC, Virilizing adrenocortical tumors in childhood: eight cases and a review of the literature, Pediatrics, 76, 437-444 (1985)
8. Tietz NW, Textbook of clinical chemistry, 2nd ed. Philadelphia WB Saunders, 1994